The CompanyA destination management company all over Greece & Cyprus and your Reliable Partner: with just one contact, you cover the services and products all over Greece & Cyprus.
Our company, “El Greco Tours” was set up in 1979 in Chania, Crete by Mr. Evangelos Margiolakis. Its first business was a hotel and a car hire company. Having clients from all over Europe, the Middle East and Canada, with various needs, the company managed to differentiate itself from the others, by fulfilling these various and different needs. Later, with the help of his son, Markos Margiolakis, “El Greco Tours” managed to develop itself into a very successful tourism organisation in Greece, with travel agencies, hotel and car hire wholesaling deals, as well as incentives and conferences. Mr Christos Vasileiou is our Sales and Operation Manager, with highly experience in the hospitality industry and with great skills in managing any kind of emergencies.
From the 1st of January 2015, “El Greco Tours” has been transformed into a Group of Companies, by merging with “Polyctor Tours”. This merging has made our company an independent Travel Organisation in Greece, with branches and departments in Crete, in mainland Greece, in the Aegean islands, in the Ionian islands and in Athens.
Mr. Kostopoulos, the former Managing Director of ‘Polyctor Travel”, is our Ionian Islands Director. Thus, we now have a team that cannot only cover all aspects of the tour operating business, but is also able to consult, to customize and to create “à la carte” programs, according to the needs of each Tour Operator or other kind of tourism specialist, who is choosing to entrust our reliable services.
In general, our philosophy is not to do “a bit of everything”, but to be efficient, reliable, responsible and flexible, in every way, by making use of the individual character of each of our Departments; all combined with the our Company’s infrastructure and whole-buyers purchasing power.
We are not afraid to invest in new markets or open new destinations, by providing special support to our partners. It’s not by luck that our company has been the first one to organize, actively support and serve the “virgin” charter operations to Sivota, Thesprotias and to Kythira island.
Quality, safety and consistent pursuit of excellence in everything we do. This has built an outstanding reputation for “top value for money” products and quality services, provided by an experienced team of travel professionals.
So the success of our strategy requires us to build on these foundations, by focusing on the business and leisure markets and driving efficiency and effectiveness.
“El Greco Tours” holds offices in Greece, in Crete island, in Platanias (a province of Chania), in Kos island, in Athens city, in Sivota (Thesprotia), in Kefalonia, in Ithaca, in Kythira island and in Cyprus (Nicosia).
All of our offices are furnished with style (some in luxury corporate style and some in plain modern line) and are fully equipped with the required infrastructure. The head office is in a modern business center, near the center of Chania Riviera, (in Plantania) and comprises 450 sq.m.
Our office in Athens is in 60, Vouliagmenis Avenue.
The branch office in Kythira is in the village of Agia Pelagia.
The branch office in Sivota is at the center of the village.
The branch office in Kefalonia is in the port of Sami, at the main square of the village, facing the sea.
The branch office in Ithaca and of our Ionian and western Greece headquarters is on Spyrou Razou Avenue, just facing the quay side, opposite the main yacht and cruise vessels dock.
The branch office in Kos island is at 55, Navarinou street.
Our Office in Cyprus is located in Nicosia, at 45, Digeni Akrita Ave.
Our affiliate Dmc’s in Samos and Lesvos are also part of our group and offer the same services.
Investing in technology is one of our main concerns, so as to keep up with the continuous development of the online bookings business and with other changes in the market. Our software is therefore updated all the time, within the “state-of-the-art technology” our company has at its disposal. Our reservation system allows our software to “handshake” with any reservation software, either through extracting / importing reservation lists in Excel format or through XML or various APIs.
An indication of some of our Internet portals is the above:
Car Rental/ Fly and Drive
For the clients who wish to discover their holiday destination in a more “free” way, “El Greco Tours”, in cooperation with reliable local and international car rental organizations, is offering the most competitive rates for car rental (pre-booked, as well as locally reserved).
● Unlimited insurance coverage.
● Extended variety of car types and models, including special types.
● Only new vehicles of high standards.
● Delivery and collection at all airports, as well as in hotels all over the mainland and islands.
● 24/24, 365/365-road assistance.
Apart from the simple car rental, “El Greco Tours” has set up special “Fly & Drive” packages, including car rental and accommodation, in selected locations all over the country. Different packages are set up, based on geographical and clients’ interest criteria, capable to satisfy all expectations.
We provide a full excursion program, set up in all major languages, consisting of excursions for all interests and adjusted to the features of every market. Excursions, boat trips and daily cruises are guided by skilled and experienced guides, and aim to cover every aspect of interest in each region.
Apart from the “traditional style” excursions (based on the history and the natural beauty of Greece), “El Greco Tours” offers its clients the opportunity to discover the samples of the ethnic and tradition heritage of Greece. Unrivaled knowledge of all the principal venues and a great deal of expertise in the necessary procedures, which enable us to handle with care all matters connected to a conference organisation.
Interactive excursions allow our clients to participate in local cooking, in wine & olive-oil producing and tasting, in pottery manufacturing, in bread baking, in folklore dancing, in donkey rides and in much more.
Groups and Incentives
In addition to all the regular tourism services, we offer incentive programs for people, many of which are groundbreaking in Greece.
Having great experience and organisation in this field, and having already organised conferences and incentives in Greece for great Organizations (e.g. the Red Cross, the Technical University of Crete, the EEDIP, the National Technical University, Life EU, the Hellenic Centre of Marine and for many more) allows us to promptly prepare special “à la carte” programs, as per our partner’s request, as well as to give our own suggestions, depending on the style, on the budget and on the expectations of each group or client. Our aim is to provide individuals or groups with scheduled or made-to-order trips, of a very high quality, at a competitive price.
Services and Partners
Our services include:
- Contracting in Hotels, apartments, studios and villas
- Airport meet and Assist
- The assistance of an English / French / German / Hungarian / Danish / Swedish / Norwegian / Dutch / Lebanese / Italian / Spanish speaking representative – tour leader throughout the program
- Organization of MICE (Meeting, Incentive, Conference and Exhibition)
- Transfer services with new buses
- Organized local tours by coach or private cars
- Professional Tour guides
- Golfing & Water Sports
- Car rentals
- Moto rentals
- Air & boat ticketing (IATA licensed)
- Special outdoor activities organizer
- Special rates for groups on request
- Entry Visa
- Exhibitions service
- Special Packages arranged on request etc.
- Assistance throughout the stay
- 24hrs/7 days a week service
- Some or all meals
- Luggage transportation (you walk with only a day-pack)
- A choice of itineraries
- Wholesaling deals
- Hotel management
- Project management
- Yachting handling services
Among our partners are:
- Ramblers Holidays, Solmar Villas, GTA, Authentic Villas, Ionian and Aegean Holidays, Oliver’s Travel, Simpson Travel– UK
- Primo Tours, Aarhus Charter, Sun Charter, Folke Ferie, Thomas Cook Scandinavia group, Easy Travel, Amisol DK, Alfa Travel, Tiger, Ruby Rejser, Hideaways, Ans Rejser, Gislev Rejser, SunRepublic, Ung Rejs, Tid til ro – Denmark
- AmiSol Rejser, TripX.no, Thomas Cook Scandinavia group – Norway
- TripX.dk, Hideaways, Thomas Cook Scandinavia group – Sweden
- Ross Holidays, Travelbird– Holland
- Ibusz Travel, Dias Zeus Travel, Theo Travel, Vista Travel, Blue Sky – Hungary
- Melissa Travel, Brenna Travel, Travel 2002, Viamare – Czech
- Dedalos Group, Ghazi Travel, Tania Travel, Intertravel – Lebanon
- Alpha Club, Rishontours, Another World ltd – Israel
- Easy Travel, PrestigeTravel, 7islands – Poland
- GoMundo, Resital Tours – Turkey
- Attica Reisen – Germany
- Top Kinissis, Katerina Travel, GAP Vasilopoulos , Exalt Travel, Travel net– Cyprus
- Julia Viaggi, Eden Viaggi, Margo – Italy
- Ellinas Group, Samina travel, Zorpidis Travel, Choise travel, Goldair travel & Congress, Betis travel, Tempi travel, Zeus travel, Crystal travel, Bagaki travel, Sts travel, Athos Hellas, Chios Tours, Boutros tours, Rhodes Direct Holidays, Vlassopoulos Travel, OstriaBlue, Mouzenidis – Greece.
- Bravo Travel, Mediterranean Travel, Serbia
Registered company: Μargiolakis Evangelos P.C.
47, Theotokopoulou str, 73131, Chania
VAT No: EL094345770, Chania Tax Department
GNTO (ΕΟΤ): 1042E600000739Y0